Wound management has become one of the most complex practices in today’s healthcare setting.
While there are multiple new advancements in treatment dressings and techniques, the diagnostic options for ruling out infection have been limited to conventional culture, which is labor-intensive, lacks sensitivity and specificity and is unable to grow many of today’s culprit pathogens.
Many patients with chronic wounds are placed on empiric antibiotic therapy, further complicating the ability of a culture to grow the pathogen(s) and contributing to the global epidemic of antibiotic resistance.
As we learn more about the role of biofilms in wounds, we are convinced that better diagnostics are needed to identify the complex pathogens of the biofilm and the resistance genes they often carry.
KorPath™ offers the clinician access to the most advanced molecular methodology for pathogen detection, semi-quantification, and resistance gene identification. KorPath™ delivers rapid and precise results accompanied by PharmD guidance that considers published sensitivity and susceptibility patterns, medication costs, antibiotic spectrum of activity, and FDA guidance.
The end product is a patient-centered, value-based care solution that enables providers to make informed treatment decisions that could avoid inappropriate therapy, excess costs, adverse drug events and the progression of disease.
- Prevents Delays in Diagnosis & Treatment (*24 hrs. Post Lab Arrival)
- Detects Polymicrobial Infections Simultaneously
- Identifies 49 Antibiotic Resistance Genes
- Unaffected by Concurrent Medications
- Reduces Unnecessary Drug Exposure and Adverse Events
- Decreases the Progression and Spread of Infection
- Improves Selection of Narrow-Spectrum Antibiotics
- Prepares Clinicians to Make Cost-Sensitive Treatment Decisions
* Test results could be delayed in some circumstances when there is error in clerical documentation, collections, lab handling, or a delay in shipping.
3110 Cherry Palm Drive
Tampa, FL 33619
1 (800) 442-1304